Yesim Tekstil has selected Oracle Business Intelligence Suite Enterprise Edition as its business intelligence platform. Based in Turkey since 1983, Yesim Tekstil is one of that country’s largest apparel and home textile manufacturers. Yesim Tekstil stays abreast of the latest advances in technology and its state-of-the-art knitting, printing dyeing, plain dyeing and fabric treatment processes are part of a highly automated, fully vertically integrated manufacturing complex.
With 3,500 employees and $260 million in annual revenues, Yesim Tekstil relies on a foundation of Oracle Database 10g, Oracle Real Application Clusters, Oracle Application Server 10g and Oracle Business Intelligence Suite EE to support its Information Technology needs. Using Oracle Business Intelligence Suite EE, Yesim Tekstil can analyze sales, finance and production opportunities in real time. Utilizing Oracle’s open, standards-based BI solution has also enabled Yesim Tekstil to merge and analyze information from different platforms.
“We chose Oracle Business Intelligence Suite Enterprise Edition because we needed a single, integrated business intelligence solution,” said Sadiye Sidar, IT Manager, Yesim Tekstil. “With it, our users will be able to analyze sales, finance and production opportunities in real-time from data stored across multiple platforms and applications.”
Yesim Tekstil began operations in 1983 as a producer of home textile products, such as tablecloths and sheets. Today, its operations, which employ almost 5,000 people, are housed in a 240,000 square meter facility. Yesim Tekstil specializes not only in home textiles but also in ready-made clothing and has a daily capacity of 250,000 pieces, which consists of 150,000 pieces of ready-to-wear clothing and 100,000 home textiles.
Yesim’s specialty is cotton knitting and this is reflected in its products, 75% of which are cotton, while the remaining 25% are polyester and blends. Manufacturing capacity has grown steadily and operations have been divided, on the basis of specialization and product type, into three separate units: Yesim 1, Yesim 2, and Yesim 3. Yesim stays abreast of the latest advances in technology and its state-of-the-art knitting, printing dyeing, plain dyeing and fabric treatment processes are part of a highly automated, fully vertically integrated manufacturing complex that ensures that, from yarn to finished product, customers can count on Yesim Quality through every stage of the production process.